In collaboration with our orthopedic surgeons, our health care team provides exemplary orthopedic care and services to our patients at Seton Medical Center Austin. We are an interdisciplinary team driven to achieve high quality patient outcomes with a focus on patient safety, satisfaction and prevention of complications.
Seton Austin's Bone & Joint Center is the only program of its type in Central Texas to receive The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval™ for orthopedic joint replacement. This prestigious designation represents a rigorous compliance with consensus-based national standards, effective and consistent use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and a range of several performance measures.
We perform over 900 hip and knee replacements each year and are consistently successful with excellent patient outcomes. The Bone & Joint Center was created over six years ago to meet the increasing needs of the community for pre-operative education. We know that patients who are prepared before surgery are more independent afterward.
Our program includes:
- Unique comprehensive patient and family-centered approach to quality care
- Pre-operative instruction and materials to educate patients and their families
- Emphasis on post-operative customization as each patient prepares for discharge
- Certified orthopedic staff who coordinate the program and explain what the patient can expect before, during and after surgery
Our program encompasses a group of experienced medical and nursing professionals, all dedicated to providing patients with a coordinated approach to treatment and recovery. The patient and family needs are always at the center of the plan.
Team members include:
- Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeons
- Physical and Occupational Therapists who emphasize the importance of therapy to improve function and restore strength
- Pre-Surgical and Surgical Staff
- Orthopedic Nursing Staff
- Case Management/Social Services who specialize in discharge planning