(HealthDay News) -- Concerned about gradual loss of vision? The American Academy of Family Physicians says here are potential explanations:
- Macular degeneration, in which the eye's macula changes and affects your ability to see clearly.
- Glaucoma, a condition caused by increased pressure from fluid in the eye.
- A cataract, which occurs when the lens of the eye becomes clouded.
- Diabetic retinopathy, which occurs among diabetics when blood vessels in the eye are damaged due to high blood sugar levels.
- Infection or injury to the eye.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.