GroupAustin Regional Clinic, P.A.
Contact InfoARC Far West -FP/IM (2)
6835 Austin Ctr Blvd
Austin, TX 78731
Phone: (512) 346-6611
Fax: (512) 231-5201
Year Joined ARC: 1983
Education: B.A. in Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1976
Medical School: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 1980
Residency Internship: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 1983
Certification: Board Certified in Internal Medicine
Professional Positions and Honors: Dr. Haydon holds or has held the following positions:
- Served on the ARC Executive Board.
- Internal Medicine Section Chief for Seton Medical Center Austin
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at University of Texas Medical Branch, 1998-2011, preceptoring junior and senior UTMB medical students.
- All-Star Preceptor Award from UTMB, 2009-2010.
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
Personal Summary: Dr. Haydon says his medical practice has been the most significant part of his life. His wife "is my strength and responsible for most of my happiness." They have two daughters, one an Anesthesiology resident and the other completing her Masters in Accounting, and two cats (one a diabetic). In his free time, Dr. Haydon enjoys fishing, reading, exercising, a little gardening, and speculating in residential real estate.
"Since the history is the most important part of a quality encounter, listening is the most important skill a doctor can have."