Clinical research volunteers are both students and non-students who want to participate in a clinical research project. Check out our clinical research volunteer page to learn more about the program.

Our college volunteer program is for people over the age of 18 who are either enrolled in, or planning to be enrolled in, school. Keep reading to learn more about the program and how to apply.

College Student Volunteers

Are you ready to help us bring personalized care to healthcare? Fill out our application to begin.
Apply Now

Clinical Research Program

Find out more about participating in a clinical research project at a Seton facility or off-site.
Learn More

College Volunteers

It offers a unique opportunity to serve others, make new friends, and develop deeper ties to our community.  Come find meaning in being part of something greater than yourself while developing skills of working within a team.

Shadowing and Observing

Both of these opportunities are typically sought by individuals who are enrolled in a healthcare academic program. Think you’re interested in shadowing or observing?  Do you know the difference between the two?

  • Shadowing is a single opportunity to follow one clinician for eight hours or less.
  • Observers can spend up to 60 days in a year and may observe multiple clinicians during that time.

Seton does not identify or select a clinician for shadower or observer to follow; the prospective shadower/observer is responsible for identifying and receiving verbal confirmation for a clinician prior to applying for the Non-Recurring Observer Program.  Once a clinician, or sponsoring department for observers, has been selected and verbal approval received, the individual who wants to shadow or observe should email and request a Non-Recurring Observer packet.  The packet contains all requirements and contract information.

NOTE:  Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy (PT/OT/ST) do not accept shadowers or observers by this method.


Individuals who are looking to earn the hours required to apply for PT/OT/ST school are to complete the Student Volunteer Application clearly explaining the PT/OT/ST interest.  The Volunteer Services Office will then contact the requested department for need and openings.  If the department approves an applicant, then the Volunteer Services Office will process the applicant as a volunteer.

.vertical-list.submenu li:first-child {
margin-top: 0;
display: none !important;