Toll-Free Support Around the Clock
- Toll Free Number 1-844-658-1708
- Local Number 512-324-2338
- Available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
The Nurse Advice Line is available at no extra cost to you and helps callers make informed decisions about self-care at home or when to see a health care provider.
Registered nurses educate the members on their health and provide guidance on treatment options and available resources in the Texas area—allowing them to make informed healthcare choices.
Based on presenting symptoms or specific health questions, RNs utilize an algorithm of evidenced-based guidelines to provide:
- General health information
- Self-care instructions, when appropriate
- Guidance on whether to see a doctor
- Physician and/or service referrals
- Escalation to emergency services
- Triage reports sent to your PCP and Seton Insurance Company
- Follow-up call to the member
Local Referrals and Scheduling
Seton’s Nurse Advice Line program provides an additional channel for identifying and referring members into chronic care management or care coordination programs and directing members to in-network providers.
- Refer members to appropriate, in-network physicians or other available healthcare facilities.
- Coordinate member scheduling with the appropriate healthcare practitioners and services within their network.
- Provide RN navigation services for complex cases. The Nurse Advice Line RN Navigator works closely with Seton Health Plan’s Care Coordination team to ensure the member’s needs are addressed. Referrals are made to the appropriate Health Plan programs.
- Provide turn-by-turn directions to the closest afterhours or convenience care clinic, urgent care center or emergency department.
- Coordinate member transportation services, helping to ensure there is no delay in care for the member.
- Call Emergency Services on behalf of the member.
As a subsidiary of Seton Healthcare Family, a healing ministry of the Catholic Church, Seton Insurance Company and its affiliates do not promote or condone services, benefits or procedures that are contrary to or in conflict with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. Any procedures or courses of treatment that do not comply with the Ethical and Religious Directives will be processed solely by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, under the exclusive authority and control of Cigna.