Ascension Seton RN Residency is a robust, evidence based residency designed for new graduate nurses to reach the following goals:
- Successfully bridge the academic preparation to clinical practice gap
- Become a confident and competent professional nurse.
- Achieve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for safe, quality care.
- Transition to a nursing professional in a faith based, not-for-profit health care organization that provides person centric service throughout the care continuum.
It is a required 12 month, robust, comprehensive approach to support the success of the professional nurse with their transition to the practice environment. This support for success encompasses both professional and personal growth as well as the cultural engagement into the Ascension Seton. Ascension Seton RN Residency has demonstrated superior quality and is separated from other RN residencies by having been successfully reviewed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Accreditation Program.
Ascension Seton RN Residency provides:
- 12 monthly Professional Integration Seminars
- 16-24 week Preceptorship with experienced RNs
- Simulation and lab experiences using current professional standards and evidence-based clinical guidelines
- Reflective Practice Sessions to aid in the development of self-care and resilience
- Engagement with network leaders
Ascension Seton offers three cohorts per year which are currently scheduled to start in February, July and October of each year. An Open House is held approximately 5 months prior to the start of each cohort. The Open House is an opportunity to meet nursing managers, learn more about the residency and have questions answered about the application process.
- Acute Care / Med Surg (any)
- Cardiology / Telemetry
- Critical Care
- Emergency Department
- Labor and Delivery
- Mother / Baby
- Operating Room
- Behavioral Health
Ascension Seton RN Residency is required of all newly licensed professional nurses including current associates. Ascension Seton is committed to the success of current associates and proud to help them advance in the network.
Unfortunately, you would not qualify. The program is only for GN’s and RN’s with less than 12 months of experience. If you have more than one year of RN experience, please visit our Careers Page and search for Registered Nurse positions to apply to or visit our RN Fellowship Page to learn more about those opportunities.
(8) If I have completed the RN Residency application and I haven’t received the email communication regarding next steps, who do I contact?
Please call the recruitment team at 1-855-778-6037.
Once you have completed your interest form, you will be contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team regarding your interest in the program and next steps.
(10) Do inactive or RNs currently enrolled in a re-entry program qualify to apply to the residency?
No, only those meeting the criteria found in (3) can apply.
(11) If I did not receive an offer to be in the current cohort and want to apply for the next cohort, what steps do I need to take?
All returning applicants will need to re-apply for the upcoming cohort and will need to have a current RN license.