Tell Someone You Know
Year Joined ARC: 1987
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree, The University of Texas at Austin, 1975
Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 1978
Residency Internship: Texas Tech Health Science Center in 1980. Scott & White in 1981
Fellowship: Allergy-Immunology Fellowship Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, Los Angeles, CA, 1983
Certification: Board Certified in Allergy and Immunology
Professional Positions and Honors:
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics, Member, Allergy & Immunology Section
- Member, Clinical Immunology Society
- Member, International Complement Society
- Member, Texas Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society
- Membership Committee, Travis County Medical Society
- "Super Doctor", Texas Monthly, 2007, 2010, 2011
- "Top Doctor," Austin Monthly, 2011, 2013
Personal Summary: Dr. Otto is originally from Houston, but like many Austinites, he got here as fast as he could. He and his wife have two daughters and one Wheaten terrier. Dr. Otto enjoys spending time with family, music (and playing guitar), movies, travel, and walking on the Town Lake trails.
If you are a new patient with Dr. William Otto, please complete the Allergy History Form
and mail it back to his office prior your first visit.
Dr. Otto has a special interest in Hereditary Angioedema.