Tell Someone You Know
Kelly Hetherington Simpson, MD
Year Joined ARC: 2009
Education: B.S. in Finance, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1999.
Medical School: The University of Texas Health Science Center,-San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 2003
Residency Internship: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2006
Fellowship: Allergy and Immunology Fellowship Program at The University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, 2009
Certification: Board Certified in Allergy and Immunology
Board Certified in Pediatric Medicine
Professional Positions and Honors:
- Chief, ARC Allergy & Asthma Department
- Texas Monthly Super Doctors listing as a “Rising Star”: 2013
- Member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- Dr. Simpson has been published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Published article, “Ketotifen use in a patient with fire ant hypersensitivity and mast cell activation syndrome,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, June 2015.
Personal Summary: Dr. Simpson loves living in Austin. As a graduate of The University of Texas, she enjoys attending football and basketball games to cheer on the ‘Horns. In her free time, Dr. Simpson enjoys running and listening to music.
Dr. Simpson talks to the Dr. Carol Show about ways to dramatically improve asthma symptoms