To receive a copy of your medical record, an authorization to release medical information form must be signed and dated by the patient or the patient’s legal guardian. Authorization forms can be obtained in the Health Information Management (HIM) Department or downloaded from this page.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., please call 512-324-7261 with any questions.
You have the opportunity to request traditional paper records or to receive your records electronically (see forms below). For your convenience, you may mail completed forms to the Release of Information Department at the respective site or return it in person. If you are returning the form in person, proper identification must be presented. Due to privacy and security concerns, we are unable to accept faxed or emailed requests.
Please allow two weeks to receive a copy of your requested medical records; please note that some records are not complete until 30 days after discharge as they are awaiting transcribed reports from healthcare providers. In addition, we are unable to release radiology images with your medical record, to obtain radiology images please visit this page to contact the appropriate site.
Requestors may be charged a fee to cover the expense to provide copies of health information; the fees are set by the Texas Health and Safety Code and are updated annually.
Release of Information Forms:
- Authorization Form – English (PDF)
- Authorization Form – Spanish (PDF)
- Electronic Release Instructions – English (PDF)
- Electronic Release Instructions – Spanish (PDF)
- Release of Behavioral Health Information Form – Dell Children’s Medical Center (PDF)
- Release of Behavioral Health Information Form – Ascension Seton Shoal Creek (PDF)
- Record Amendment Form (PDF)