About Our Program
Our Community Outreach Program helps us serve our Ascension Seton Mission Statement by offering access to quality health screenings and educational programs to all Central Texas residents, in order to help individuals make positive wellness decisions.
Our vision is one in which all community members have access to education and information regarding their health, and actively participate in programs and services that enhance their physical, mental and spiritual health, as well as that of their families and the community in which they live.
We offer a wide range of preventative health services, wellness education, screenings for acute and chronic illness and provision of linkages with service providers through our Ascension Seton Family of Doctors and the Ascension Seton Health Plan.
- Asthma Education
- Basic Vision Screening
- CHIP Evaluation
- Cardiac Screening
- COPD Education
- Diabetic Education and Screening
- General Nutrition Education
- Adult and Pediatric Outpatient Rehab Services
- Ascension Seton Health Plan
- Physician Expert Presentations
- Sports Nutrition Education
- Stroke Awareness and Prevention
- Take 10 Hands Only CPR training
- Women’s Health Education
Ascension Seton Speakers Bureau consists of hospital employees and medical staff who are available to speak to your organization on a wide-range of topics related to wellness and disease prevention. Frequently requested topics include:
- Know Your Numbers- Cardiac Disease Prevention
- Own the Bone- Osteoporosis
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Mediterranean or Paleo? What diet is best for me?
- Is Your Bladder Controlling Your Life?
- Cardiac Advancements for Women
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Skin Cancer: Prevention
- Allergies in Austin
- Concussion: Prevention and Return to Play
- Back to Basics: Spinal Health
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Support Groups are open to all patients and their families in the Central Texas area. The programs include presentations by healthcare professionals, followed by networking and discussion on issues that are of personal interest to those in attendance in order to complement and support clinical care, risk reduction programs and a holistic lifestyle. Meetings are free and open to the public.