AUSTIN, Texas – (Oct. 28, 2014) – Ascension Seton Southwest Hospital on Oct. 31 concludes Breast Cancer Awareness month with a celebration day to further awareness and raise funds for the Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Central Texas. All events are free and open to the public.
Events will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Ascension Seton Southwest, located at 7900 FM 1826, just south of “The Y” in Austin’s Oak Hill area.
Among the highlights:
- Pink breakfast (6:30-9 a.m. in the main lobby; a $3 donation is requested)
- Volunteer Halloween bake sale (all day, in the lobby outside the gift shop)
- Pink Pumpkin Carving Contest (pumpkins submitted by Ascension Seton Southwest employees for judging by 9 a.m. and displayed in the main lobby)
- Pink Queso Contest (entries are submitted by 10 a.m. for judging on quality/taste and pinkness, with bonus points awarded for getting queso pink by natural means; winners receive Chuy’s gift cards)
- Pink Lunch (featuring queso, of course; a $5 donation is requested)
- Physician panel discussion (11 a.m.-1 p.m.) will feature Ascension Seton Southwest’s all-female breast reconstruction team of Drs. Lauren Ash (general surgery), Elisabeth Potter (plastic surgery and fellowship-trained microsurgery) and Chris Hart (obstetrics/gynecology)
Information on breast cancer care resources will be available. Drawing tickets are for sale to win pink gift baskets or a bicycle.
For more information, call Ascension Seton Southwest Hospital at (512) 324-9000.