Research Volunteer Program
Research volunteers are both students and non-students who want to participate in a research project at any Ascension Seton facility. The Research Volunteer Program is very competitive and applications are accepted during the following time frames only:
- March 1st – April 30th
- July 1st – August 31st
- November 15th – December 15th
To be a research volunteer, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to at least 60 hours and 6 months of volunteering
- Meet immunization requirements as required by Ascension Seton Occupational Health.
- Read, sign, and date the Confidentiality Statement.
- Complete a background check via e-form (email will be sent to the applicant with the link to complete the form)
- Complete CITI training.
- Complete yearly HIPAA/PHI training
Applicants who have flexible hours for doing research, duration > 1 year, statistics or software/programming experience and a resume, tend to be placed quickly. Research opportunities can also be identified:
- by the applicant who has interest in a particular research project
- by the applicant who has a professional relationship with a principal investigator on a project
Research volunteers are processed through Research Support Services and can be on boarded within 2 weeks, if all the proper paperwork is submitted.
Contact the research coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.