Ascension Seton provides interpretation services to help assist hospital staff communicate with patients and family members who have limited English proficiency.
Ascension Seton Network Language Services offers three ways to get interpretation services:
- In-person Spanish interpreters at certain locations and times.
- Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) at certain locations.
- Over-the-phone interpretation throughout Ascension Seton.
In-Person Spanish Interpretation
At select locations, we offer in-person interpreters for Spanish-speaking patients and family members. In-person interpretation services are currently available at:
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin – Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital – Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Hays – Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to midnight. Friday through Sunday, 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dell Ascension Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas – Sunday through Saturday, 24/7
- Dell Children’s Medical Center – Sunday through Saturday, 24/7
Interpreters/TDD at Dell Seton
Interpreters are available upon request 24 hours daily to translate foreign languages for our patients. Accommodations for the hearing impaired are also available upon request. For assistance, please contact a nurse.
Video Remote Interpretation
We offer iPads at several locations to provide audio/visual interpretation in 11 languages, including Spanish and ASL. This technology is available at:
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
- Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital
- Ascension Seton Southwest Hospital
- Dell Seton
- Ascension Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
- Dell Children’s Medical Center
Audio-only interpretation is available via two different telephone services at Ascension Seton. This service is available 24/7. Your care team can set up and coordinate interpretation via telephone.
For assistance with interpretation or translation, please request help from a staff member upon arrival at the hospital.