We celebrate and promote innovation and emerging health technology at various events. Not only do we sponsor exciting health innovation offerings, we also keep a pulse on the Austin health innovation scene and try to attend as many of these events as possible.
Innovation Challenge at Dell Children’s
The purpose of the Innovation Challenge at Dell Children’s in 2016 was to spread a culture of innovation, empower people, cultivate entrepreneurial skills in healthcare employees, connect with the Austin Innovation Zone and develop great ideas to improve healthcare. It was a success!
- 129 associates participated in 6 innovation workshops
- 88 teams submitted ideas to the Challenge
- 20 Semifinalists worked with expert mentors from around the Austin Innovation Zone
- 11 Finalists were awarded cash prizes
- 700+ audience members saw Finalists ideas’ presented at the Seton leadership event, eliciting the first standing ovation since the quarterly leadership gatherings began a year ago
- $15,500 were awarded to Finalists in the following increments:
- Grand Prize, $5,000
- 2nd Prize $3,000
- Third Prize, $1,500
- Fourth and Fifth Prize, $750
- 6 Additional Prizes, $500
- 5 Top Finalists presented ideas at the June 30 event
- 1 idea guaranteed to be implemented in the hospital in 2017 (Congratulations Monica Smith, RN III)
You can see more photos of the celebratory event here. The overwhelmingly positive response from Seton leadership and Central Texas community leaders for creating pathways for healthcare employee innovation to thrive signals there will be many more winning ideas to come. For photos, invention descriptions and more about this competition, visit the Innovation Challenge at Dell Children’s Website.
Seton Fund Future of Care Innovation Awards Luncheon
Over 500 of Austin’s civic, medical and academic leaders joined together at The Future of Care: Innovation Luncheon. This event was held to recognize the visionary trailblazers in our community working to transform care with The Future of Care: Healthcare Innovation Awards. The Seton Healthcare Family shone a light on the best and brightest inventions, discoveries and solutions that elevate healthcare, while raising money for construction and equipment of Seton’s new teaching hospital. A portion of the proceeds went to benefit the Seton Innovation and Technology Fund.
Over 80 companies applied for the Healthcare Innovation Awards. Finalists were selected and the winner’s showcase took place at the April 27th luncheon.
More about the awards: Healthcare Innovation Awards Website
The 2nd annual Spark! event in February 2016 brought together Seton and Ascension’s senior leaders, physicians and caregivers to learn about the future of health technology and how it can spark inspiration in their work. Outstanding innovators and technology companies showcased their companies and demonstrated how technology can directly improve patient outcomes and increase productivity. For questions about this event or future Spark! events, please email Whitney Power.
TEDMEDLive is a two and a half day annual event where cutting-edge biomedical thinking is shared across disciplines and made accessible to the public. This year, the entire program will be available through an online broadcast directly from the TEDMED stage in Palm Springs. Seton associates are invited to stream TEDMED talks live or view on-demand using the Seton access information. Associates who tune in and post photos or comments to social media using #SetonTEDMEDLive will be entered into a raffle for a ticket to SXSW Interactive 2016! For questions about this event, email Claudia Perez.
Innovation, Health Technology, Entrepreneurship Meetups & Conferences
We are on health innovation and technology scene to find latest and greatest developments and trends in health innovation. We proactively forge relationships with the evolving local health tech community in to identify potential partnership and collaboration opportunities for Seton at large. Through dedicated presence at local events, we aim to represent and reinforce Seton’s role and interest in the innovation and technology community and spur knowledge dissemination internally.
- The Austin Forum on Technology and Society
- Innovation Learning Network
- SXSW Interactive
- Aging 2.0 Innovation to Care for Older Adults Meetup
- Intro to the Austin Tech Startup Scene Meetup
- Austin Health Tech Meetup
- Health Technology Forum Meetup
- Central Texas Liberating Structures Group Meetup
- Wearable Tech ATX Meetup