Ascension Seton Healthcare Network provides comprehensive trauma services throughout Central Texas. All 10 of Seton’s acute care hospitals are designated trauma centers. The trauma care provided throughout the Ascension Seton Family of Hospitals is enhanced through its affiliation with the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is a Level I Trauma Center where we provide advanced trauma care for critically injured pediatric patients. We anticipate Level I Trauma Center designation for the trauma care provided to adult patients at Dell Ascension Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas.
Along with experienced team of experts in neurosurgical, orthopedics, interventional radiology, critical and rehabilitative care services, both trauma centers offer replantation programs for injured extremities through the Ascension Seton Plastic Surgery Institute. State-of-the-art neurology and neurosurgical care, including comprehensive services for traumatic brain and spinal cord injured patients, are available to Dell Ascension Seton Medical Center, Dell Children’s and Ascension Seton Williamson County Hospitals through the Ascension Seton Brain and Spine Institute and their group of specialists.
To the north of Austin, Ascension Seton Williamson County is a Level II Trauma Center that provides all-inclusive care for trauma patients in Williamson County and serves as a tertiary care referral center for the region.
Seton’s seven other acute care hospitals are all Level IV trauma centers:
- Ascension Seton Edgar B. Davis Hospital is a Critical Access hospital that serves the communities of Luling and Lockhart.
- Ascension Seton Hays County Hospital provides trauma services to the communities of Southern Travis County and Hays County.
- Ascension Seton Highland Lakes Hospital is a Critical Access Hospital in Burnet that also serves the populations of Marble Falls, Horseshoe Bay and Llano.
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin provides trauma stabilization services and tertiary care medical services to residents of West Austin and Central Austin.
- Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital provides trauma services to residents of Northwest Austin, Great Hills, and Cedar Park residents.
- Ascension Seton Smithville Hospital serves the Bastrop County area.
- Ascension Seton Southwest Hospital in Southern Travis County is located near the Circle C development and provides trauma services to nearby Dripping Springs, Hays County and Lakeway residents.