Excellence in Care for Moms and Babies
At Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin, we deliver – every day. Our expert teams of caregivers deliver the quality of care for which Ascension Seton has been known for more than a century. And because we offered the first neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Austin more than 35 years ago, we’ve been caring for high-risk pregnancies longer than anyone in Central Texas.
At Ascension Seton Austin, moms and babies receive special attention and individualized care in a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients and families.
New Spaces for Baby Faces
Ascension Seton Austin is meeting the needs of this growing community and recently constructed a new, 124,000-square foot, five story tower addition. This area includes a new maternity area and 43,000 square feet of renovation to the existing maternity unit.
- 30 new and 10 renovated postpartum patient rooms
- 4 new state-of-the-art C-section rooms (one shelled)
- 6 new Labor and Delivery rooms
- Equipped and staffed to deliver more than 450 babies per month
- A new Continuing Care (Transition) Nursery and 2 new Full-Term Nurseries
- A covered pedestrian foot bridge connecting Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin to Medical Park Tower
- A new public entrance, lobby and large gift shop located on the ground floor
- Expert OB/GYN physicians, perinatologists, neonatologists and pediatricians on our medical staff
- Caring and compassionate nurses, many with specialty certifications and trained to provide care to the high-risk, complex patients
- Certified lactation consultants to support breastfeeding mothers and babies
- Midwifery-assisted childbirth
Convenience and Comfort
- New and larger antepartum and postpartum rooms to promote family-centered care
- New and larger surgical suites for multiple births and complicated surgeries
- Dedicated space for infant to room in with mom and dad
- Free wireless internet service throughout the hospital
- Mezzanine for visitors to use for flexibility of space
Care for Our Smallest, Most Fragile Patients
With a Level III NICU, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin provides critical care to those newborns needing extra attention. Ascension Seton NICUs are supported by the wide range of services and specialists of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, which offers a full continuum of specialty services for newborns requiring more critical and complex care. Ascension Seton Hays and Ascension Seton Northwest both offer Level II Neonatal Intensive Care.
Preparing for Birth and Baby
Seton’s Parent Education program offers a comprehensive array of maternity classes. For detailed information about all classes, schedules, fees and registration, please see our online class schedule or call 512-324-4252.