The Clinical Education Center at Brackenridge is the learning organization for current and future healthcare professionals developing and honing clinical and teamwork skills in an innovative interprofessional environment while supporting the Seton Healthcare Family’s Mission and business imperatives of providing excellent person-centered care across the continuum.
The Clinical Education Center at Brackenridge supports education for a broad group of stakeholders including students, clinicians, educational partners, medical professionals and others in formats including interprofessional skills development, contextual simulation, standardized patients and hands-on training. The CEC is recognized as a national leader in healthcare education as SHF trains and prepares the next era of caregivers for Central Texas.
The Clinical Education Center at Brackenridge is committed to:
- Excellence in clinical care
- Patient/Person-centric teamwork
- Stewardship of Seton Healthcare Family resources
- Excellence in teaching
- Ethical advancement of new knowledge
- Lifelong learning
- Interprofessional education highlighting relationship-based care (RBC)
- Community engagement/collaboration/partnerships
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Simulation and education technologies
The Clinical Education Center is an exciting and innovative partnership involving the Seton Healthcare Family, University of Texas Medical Branch, Dell Children’s Medical School, UT School of Nursing, Concordia University School of Nursing, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, and Austin Community College School of Nursing.