Working in collaboration with the Seton/UTSW Clinical Research Institute in Austin, the Seton Heart Institute Research Program brings innovative clinical research and the most advanced techniques and treatments to Central Texas. By joining the efforts of Ascension Seton cardiologists, scientists and professors, local biotech firms and medical device makers, our researchers are advancing technology and new care models that improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
Seton Heart Institute Research Program has the following objectives:
- To advance the knowledge and treatment of cardiovascular disease
- To provide the highest-quality research and to bring new therapies to Central Texas
- To foster interdisciplinary collaborations among those in cardiovascular research
- To treat our patients with respectful, compassionate care
- To provide leadership for the health care community
Seton Heart Institute Research Program is now actively enrolling patients for several studies. Current and ongoing trials include such study areas as percutaneous mitral valve repair, naturally dissolved “scaffold” stents, multicenter imaging for evaluation of chest pain and peripheral self-expanding stent systems.