Are you a smoker or tobacco user and trying to quit but don’t know how? Get information about the Seton Tobacco Education Resource Center, smoking cessation educational materials, online “quit smoking” programs and counseling/support services.
Seton’s Tobacco Education Resource Center provides group counseling services based on the Mayo Clinic’s successful model for treating tobacco dependence and is available at no cost to our associates. The program offers, as needed, physician and Quit-Line referrals.
For associates that are members of SmartHealth there is limited coverage of tobacco cessation products through the pharmacy benefit. In order to qualify the member must be a participating in the Tobacco Cessation Program.
For more information or to register for a class, call 512-324-2762.
- Tobacco Associate Education – Smoking and Electronic Devices
- Tobacco Questions and Answers
- Freedom From Smoking Online – Free Online Cessation Program offered by the American Lung Association. For more information, go to http://www.ffsonline.org
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW is a 24/7, 365 days a year phone-line designed to provide support and coaching to those who are embarking on the journey to quit smoking. Trained cessation experts staff the quitline phone centers.
- 1-877-44U-QUIT is the National Cancer Institute’s Smoking Quitline. Counselors are available to answer smoking-related questions in English or Spanish, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For additional information, visit the site at www.cancer.gov