Well-being goes beyond good health and the absence of illness. It includes enhancing your quality of life through improved physical, emotional and spiritual wellness. Seton offers discounts and access to several programs that will help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
Diet and Nutrition
Balanced food choices are the foundation of good health throughout life. Seton offers diet and nutrition programs that promote healthy lifestyle changes.
One approach does not fit all. Do you prefer the privacy of one-to-one individualized coaching or the support and encouragement of a group? Maybe a quick, once a month weigh-in provides the accountability that works for you. Click on the options below for more information:
Fitness and Exercise
Regular physical activity is important to everyone. Make your day more fit and take advantage of the Seton Programs.
- Women’s Ignite Program bicycling, running and self-defense classes
- Gym member discounts
- Indoor home fitness equipment discount
- Access to Seton cardiac rehabilitation facilities:
- To join the SMCA facility, visit Medical Park Tower, Suite 510.
- To join the SMCH facility, visit the front desk.
- To join the SMCW facility, contact Mark Langendorf at 512-324-9999 ext. 20969
- To join the SSW facility, visit security at the front desk.
- For more information, visit Setonville > Associate Resources > Health and Well-being.
Emotional Health and Wellness
Nurturing your emotional and spiritual well-being is part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Seton Cove – offers a variety of services to promote well-being, including Tranquility Place Lunches, Tranquility Rooms, chair massages, special music programs and labyrinth walks
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – offers an opportunity for all eligible associates and their family members to receive confidential counseling to resolve personal and work problems through a free program called, LifeWorks.
- About LifeWorks
- Advice you can count on. LifeWorks is an employee resource program brought to you and your family free of charge by Seton to help you manage personal issues at work or at home. LifeWorks consultants are available 24/7, including free in-person sessions with a local counselor. As a confidential service, LifeWorks does not release any information you provide.
- All the online resources you need. LifeWorks offers an award-winning website with videos, podcasts, articles, booklets and more about issues that matter to you. From dealing with stress and planning your financial future to seeking legal advice, enhancing your career, managing personal relationships, staying healthy, helping aging parents and raising responsible kids, LifeWorks can help with a wide range of solutions.
- To log on to LifeWorks, visit Setonville > Associate Resources > Health and Well-being.
Programs designed for those who have been diagnosed with conditions such as diabetes, asthma or breast cancer.
- Living Well with Diabetes
- Breast Cancer Survivorship Program
- Asthma Education Program
- At the Heart of Health – Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Program
Tobacco Cessation Program
The tobacco cessation program is offered free of charge to all associates and covered dependents. The program includes an assessment and telephone coaching sessions and is usually completed over a six-eight week period, with check-in calls at six and twelve months from the date of program completion. Associates receive limited coverage for tobacco cessation products through SmartHealth’s pharmacy benefits. Click here to learn more about the program.
You can sign up by calling Preventure at 1-855-295-2450, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST.