Adult Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Intensive Outpatient Program (DBT IOP)
Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) is a skills-focused therapy that was developed to help people work toward building a sense of well-being in life by teaching skills to increase awareness of behavior patterns and effectively manage impulsive behaviors, intense emotions, chaotic relationships that are interfering with their life goals.
Dialectical behavioral therapy has been found to be effective in helping people to manage the following:
- Sadness and depression
- Urges to self-harm
- Thoughts of suicide
- Eating disorder symptoms
- Substance abuse
DBT has four core skill components: Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation, and Distress tolerance.
Ascension Seton DBT IOP Programs
Where: DBT IOP programs are available in Central Austin and Williamson
We are now offering two specialty tracks of DBT:
- DBT Substance Use Disorder
- Radically Open DBT
Adult Dual Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Adult Dual Recovery Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed to serve the adults who experience psychiatric disorders that co-occur with a substance abuse/chemical dependency problem. In addition to our general Dual Diagnosis group, we offer a young adult dual diagnosis group for individuals ages 18-30 at our Central Austin location.
The program can help patients:
- Reinforce principles of addiction recovery with emphasis on co-occurring psychiatric disorders
- Understand the role of biological and medical treatments in co-occurring disorders
- Overcome boundaries and stigma associated with addiction and mental illness
- Learn effective coping skills for co-occurring disorder
- Learn how to create a more balanced lifestyle to support recovery
- Encourage abstinence and development of a sober support system
Adult Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Adult Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed for adults with mental health symptoms that interfere with daily functioning and negatively impact quality-of-life. Adult IOP provides a structured and supportive therapeutic environment in which participants learn skills to enhance their lives
Participants in Adult IOP will learn to:
- Recognize personal strengths and areas for growth
- Develop healthy coping skills
- Identify, challenge and modify unhealthy thoughts and beliefs
- Change unhealthy behavior patterns
- Problem solve and cope with emotional crises
- Improve communication skills and interpersonal boundaries
- Set immediate and long-term goals
- Develop an effective aftercare plan
EPOCH Young Adult Intensive Outpatient Program at the University of Texas (IOP)
Young adulthood is both exciting and can be overwhelming. The EPOCH Young Adult Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed specifically for the 18 to 24 year old. In addition to all the offerings of the Adult IOP, this group also offers a unique experience with particular attention paid to the needs of those launching into a new state of life. This group is currently offered for UT students in a unique partnership with the University of Texas Counseling and Mental Health Center.
- University of Texas Counseling and Mental Health Center: Monday through Thursday 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- For more information please call 512-324-2039
Adult Chemical Dependency Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Our Adult Chemical Dependency Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is specifically designed to treat alcohol and chemical dependency based on a 12-step model.
The program can help patients:
- Reinforce 12-step core principles
- Learn how to identify and respond to relapse triggers
- Develop coping skills to improve personal well-being
- Understand addiction as a chronic disease
- Maintain monitored abstinence and develop a sober support system
RESTORE and Veterans RESTORE Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for the Treatment of Trauma in Adults
The RESTORE Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is composed of evidence-based treatments and was developed to help people who have been impacted by a recent or past traumatic event, may be struggling to function due to fear, anxiety and other natural responses to trauma and may be experiencing symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The RESTORE Program will retrain the mind and body to learn it is no longer in danger by incorporating the following treatment components:
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) is the primary treatment component of the RESTORE program. CPT is an evidenced based, time limited treatment which focuses on examining thoughts and challenging beliefs about what happened to support healing from trauma
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga helps regain control of the body and its fight or flight responses
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) provides tools to cope with and tolerate difficult emotions
- Resilience training and community outings aim to renew the ability to discover positive changes after trauma and feel comfortable in the world again
Where: The RESTORE and Veterans RESTORE programs are currently offered at our location in Central Austin in the morning and afternoon.
If you have questions, please call 512-324-2039. If you would like to share information about RESTORE with someone, please use the flyers below: