A Partial Hospitalization Program, or day hospital, is a very structured day program that provides several hours of therapy and skill building groups each day. You will participate in a daily routine in a PHP, but you will go back home each night.
Things you may be wondering about PHPs
How will I get there?
- Many PHPs offer transportation to and from the program
- Some insurance companies provide rides for medical appointments
What will my day at a PHP be like?
- PHPs typically meet Monday through Friday for about six hours (usually 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Some PHPs offer transportation and meals, but this can vary by program
How long does a PHP last?
- PHPs can last from one to six months, or as little as one week
- Before you finish the program, your treatment team will help you make a plan for your ongoing care and will make sure you have all the information you need, such as important phone numbers and medication information