At Ascension Seton, we prioritize ongoing clinical research that leads to a deeper understanding of common health concerns and specialized care. DSRIP case studies provide a unique and personal view of how people of all ages and backgrounds throughout Texas have reached a higher quality of life with Ascension Seton and the various DSRIP programs available:
- Palliative Care Project: The Section 1115 Waiver programs, including Seton’s DSRIP program, allow Texas men and women options that they may not have otherwise, like access to quality palliative care. Palliative care with Ascension Seton involves mutual decision-making, special attention toward all aspects of an individual’s quality of life and a partnership between doctor and patient. You can also listen to the story of our Palliative Care Project on the Texas National Public Radio station, KUT.
- Women’s Oncology Care: The Women’s Oncology Care Navigation DSRIP program at Ascension Seton provides personalized support for women managing their cancer diagnosis. Through this program, women receive guidance on accessing the right medical services and referrals to community organizations and services that might be of benefit to them. Women also are supported in making the best decisions related to lifestyle, mental health, dietary habits and overall wellbeing.
- Multi-Level Family and Child Wellness and Obesity Initiative: Today, obesity affects more children and adults nationwide than any other medical condition. When left unmanaged, obesity can have serious consequences. This three-level approach to targeting childhood obesity seeks to benefit children living with obesity by providing the education, tools and support needed for healthier living.
- Ascension Seton Psychiatric Emergency Department: Behavioral health issues may require specialized treatment, but a standard emergency room may not have the right resources. Ascension Seton Psychiatric Emergency Department evaluates individual behavioral health and places people with the right care for their needs.
- Behavioral Health Assessment & Resource Navigation: The Behavioral Health Assessment and Resource Navigation DSRIP team assesses people who may have Substance Use Disorders (SUD) and providing them with ongoing support in improving their relationships with substances. This program maps out a plan to help individuals change the way they use substances and maintains a supportive focus on long-term wellbeing.
- Children’s Comprehensive Care Clinic: When a child is in fragile health, the entire family can be affected. Ascension Seton Children’s Comprehensive Care Clinic seeks to alleviate some of the stresses on families with children who have special medical needs. This comprehensive approach to family-centered care can reduce the costs associated with pediatric health.