During this review process, we will be implementing new initiatives to positively impact our healthcare ministry and the communities we serve. The Summer Undergraduate Internship experience is one of the workforce development opportunities at Seton which we are aligning to support the tremendous disruption, innovations and changes to the healthcare landscape.
Please check back with us December 2017 for exciting new opportunities launching in 2018. If you have additional questions, feel free to connect with our Office of Diversity at email@example.com.
The Summer Undergraduate Internship Program with the Seton Healthcare Family is designed to provide an on-the-job opportunity to gain “real world” work experience in a career-related professional workforce environment. This is a non-clinical/administrative internship program.
Undergraduate Interns will spend ten weeks in a hospital or administrative office. The Intern will develop leadership and management skills through various projects assigned by the manager/preceptor. In addition, the Intern may attend leadership and department meetings with the managers and site administrators of each hospital or administrative office.
The Seton Healthcare Family’s objective is to provide a working and learning environment where undergraduates with two years of college education can develop the skills and competencies necessary to grow into successful leaders and potential Seton associates.
- Full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed sophomore year to be eligible
- Student’s field of study should be aligned with intern position
- This is not a nursing/medical internship program
- Student must apply and be accepted for interviews by Seton representatives
* Successful completion of two years of college education in a related field whose current education provides a level of competency that is necessary for completing pertinent tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
Seton will provide
- Paid intern position (Ten weeks)
- Intern orientation and on-boarding
- Job coaching/career counseling/mentoring
- Opportunity for skill development
- Opportunity for networking
Intern will be responsible for
- Great work ethic
- Own travel expenses
- Housing while in Austin/Central Texas
- Assists Manager or Director with projects, events and work relevant to specific departmental needs.
- Performs tasks/work assignments related to a course of study, educational curriculum, or career interest in an educational capacity.
- Demonstrates computer skills and proficiency in the utilization of standard software specific to departmental needs.
- Communicates and collaborates with assigned work team to provide backup coverage and support as needed.
- Promotes the values and philosophy of Seton Healthcare Family.
- Other duties as assigned.