Volunteering is a healthy habit! Are you looking for a way to give back to your community while gaining satisfaction and meeting new friends? If so, Seton Smithville Volunteer Services is looking for you. Seton Smithville Regional Hospital's volunteers are an integral part of the hospital, acting as hospital ambassadors to patients, employees, and visitors.
Volunteers at Seton Smithville Regional Hospital help in both clinical and non-clinical areas. For their service, all volunteers receive free flu shots, free TB skin tests, a gift shop discount, holiday appreciation lunches and an annual recognition awards event.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Become A Volunteer?
- Complete and return the application to the hospital to Volunteer Services.
- Volunteer Services will contact you with the status of your application (within two weeks of receiving your application).
- You will have an interview to determine what position would best match your skills, interests, and availability.
- Your references will be checked.
- You may be required to have a police check.
- Successful candidates will then attend an orientation.
- You can get a TB skin test at the orientation.
- All volunteers will receive training sessions with an experienced volunteer.
- When this training is complete, as long as all of the above has been successfully completed, you will be assigned a permanent shift and officially be volunteering at SRH.
Where can I volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities at Smithville Regional Hospital are divided into three categories:
These volunteers work in the hospital's gift shop serving patients, staff and visitors.
Patient Care Volunteers:
These volunteers work in the medical or support areas of the hospital and generally have more contact with patients and staff.
These volunteers work in areas without direct patient contact in order to support staff.
When Can I Volunteer?
Many of the programs with volunteer support run five days a week during the day. There are some evening and weekend positions available, but they are somewhat limited.
What Do I Do If I Want More Information?
To learn more about becoming a Smithville Regional Hospital Volunteer please contact: Donna Cowan at (512) 237-3214, ext. 5243 or by E-Mail