AUSTIN, Texas – (Oct. 2, 2012) – Seton Healthcare Family is showing its support for breast health by participating in or sponsoring events in October that support breast cancer awareness, screening, treatment, recovery and research.
- It’s Big. It’s Pink. It’s Saving Lives. Views from The Big Pink Bus:”Like” and Give Social-ly. The Big Pink Bus, Seton’s new mobile digital mammography unit that provides free breast cancer screening for low income and uninsured women in five Central Texas counties, will be on the road nearly every day in October. The on-board screening team will post views from The Bus on the Seton Facebook page. For every “Like” and comment The Bus’ photographs garner during October, Seton will donate $2 (up to $1000) to the Shivers Cancer Center, which offers cancer care including for low income and uninsured. It’s simple to give!
- ” October for Seton” at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin. You can help find a cure for cancer simply by digging into a stack of pancakes, practicing a downward dog or listening to live music. Event proceeds will benefit the Shivers Cancer Center at University Medical Center Brackenridge to fund cancer research trials and new equipment.
- Stiletto Stampede on October 20 to benefit the Seton Breast Cancer Center. Taking place at 10 a.m. at the Triangle in Austin, Texas, The Stiletto Stampede is a high heel dash (100 yards) with a mission to encourage people to know and understand the risks of breast cancer and empower them to prevent the disease.
- Seton Annual Pink Ball on October 21. The 35th Annual Seton Development Board Gala, “The Pink Ball” will benefit the development of the new Breast Cancer Center at Seton Medical Center Austin, the Sister Gertrude Levy Endowment to benefit the poor and vulnerable, and the Seton Nurse Scholarship Endowment. For more information visit, www.setonfund.org.
- “Pink Day” at Seton Southwest Hospital on October 26 from 7a.m. – 5 p.m. Festivities will include breast cancer education sessions, food, discounted mammograms and other opportunities to get pampered. For information about the screenings, call (512) 324-9021.
- Seton Medical Center Hays Free Community Health Fair on October 27. In addition to wellness information and screenings, the fair will offer breast cancer health and prevention resources as well as offer opportunities for women to schedule express breast screenings. Open to the community from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Texas Mamma Jamma Ride on October 27. The annual bike ride raises funds for Seton and ten other local agencies helping to fight breast cancer. Visit the Mamm Jamma website to learn how to join a team or donate.
In the past year, Seton has expanded its breast cancer services including creating a network of digital mammography screening locations and a new mobile digital mammography unit, The Big Pink Bus.
Breast care investments will continue over the next twelve months with the completion of two unique centers: a state-of-the-art teleconferencing center at Medical Park Tower that allows cancer care professionals to conveniently collaborate on patient cases along and supported by nurse navigators who assist patients through their treatment; and theSeton Breast Cancer Center at Seton Medical Center Austin which will bring together the best medical technology, care and services in one convenient location.
To make a mammography appointment or to ask about locations for our other women’s imaging services, call (512 )324-1199. For more information about Seton oncology services, contact Krystal Gilliam at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 507-7604.