Seton Healthcare Family offers some of the most advanced, most comprehensive cardiac care in Central Texas. Our specialists throughout the network utilize the latest technology available to pinpoint and treat all types of heart problems from the most common to the most complex.
Seton Medical Center Austin, the largest acute care center in Austin, is home to the Seton Heart Specialty Care & Transplant Center. With the only heart transplant program in Central Texas, Seton Medical Center Austin offers patients access to a full spectrum of care – all in one place.
Seton Medical Center Austin has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction. The accreditation affirms that Seton Medical Center Austin demonstrates expertise in rapid assessment and treatment of cardiac patients.
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program
- Open Heart Surgery, including Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valve procedures
- Stereotaxis Niobe System
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Stent Placement
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrilator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Resychronization Therapy
- Cardiac Ablations, including ablations for Atrial Fibrillation
- Nuclear Cardiology Lab
- Echocardiograph Lab
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac MRI
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Coronary ICU
- Heart Healthy CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- Partner in Mission: Lifeline™, a national alliance sponsored by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and designed to expedite the care of patients experiencing a heart attack
- VAD (Ventricular Assist Device) Program certified by The Joint Commission
- Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Participant in American College of Cardiology PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) network
- Participant in American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® program
News and Events
'Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas' Will be Name of New Teaching Hospital
April 17, 2014Seton Healthcare Family's new $295 million, 211-bed teaching hospital will be named Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, President and Chief Executive Officer Jesús Garza announced. See a "fly around" video of the new hospital.
From Highland Lakes, a Story about Excellent Heart Care
April 10, 2014"I was painting the boathouse, and I had to carry some scaffolding out there to get out over the water. When I was carrying it back, it seemed like either I was getting old or I was really bad out of shape," said David Richison. Fortunately, the Seton Kingsland Healthcare Center had opened just a week earlier.
Biggest Loser, Kyle Style: With Physician's Help, Patient Sheds 160 Pounds
April 3, 2014The Hays Free Press recently spotlighted Kyle resident Ryan Scott, who came to Dr. Kanakadurga Govindaraju at the Seton Family of Doctors at Hays. He said one motivation was his poor health - high blood pressure, sleep apnea and borderline diabetes. The other was tough love from his doctor, who told him that if he didn't change his ways, he wouldn't live to see his kids graduate from high school.