Seton Healthcare Family offers some of the most advanced, most comprehensive cardiac care in Central Texas. Our specialists throughout the network utilize the latest technology available to pinpoint and treat all types of heart problems from the most common to the most complex.
Seton Medical Center Austin, the largest acute care center in Austin, is home to the Seton Heart Specialty Care & Transplant Center. With the only heart transplant program in Central Texas, Seton Medical Center Austin offers patients access to a full spectrum of care – all in one place.
Seton Medical Center Austin has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction. The accreditation affirms that Seton Medical Center Austin demonstrates expertise in rapid assessment and treatment of cardiac patients.
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program
- Open Heart Surgery, including Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valve procedures
- Stereotaxis Niobe System
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Stent Placement
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrilator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Resychronization Therapy
- Cardiac Ablations, including ablations for Atrial Fibrillation
- Nuclear Cardiology Lab
- Echocardiograph Lab
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac MRI
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Coronary ICU
- Heart Healthy CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- Partner in Mission: Lifeline™, a national alliance sponsored by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and designed to expedite the care of patients experiencing a heart attack
- VAD (Ventricular Assist Device) Program certified by The Joint Commission
- Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Participant in American College of Cardiology PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) network
- Participant in American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® program
News and Events
Central Texans Addicted to Prescription Painkillers Sought for First National Clinical Trial at Seton Mind Institute
November 20, 2013Prescription opioids - the most commonly prescribed drugs in the U.S. that are fostering a wave of painkiller addiction - are the focus of the Seton Mind Institute's first-ever National Institutes of Health-sanctioned clinical trial. The study is now under way - and researchers are seeking Central Texans who are good candidates to try a new drug that could help them kick this painkiller habit.
Seton Medical Center Austin Wins Consumer Choice Award for 18th Straight Year
October 28, 2013For 18 years, National Research Corporation has honored a select group of U.S. hospitals identified by consumers as providing the highest quality health care. And for the 18th year in a row, that list features Seton Medical Center Austin. Just 37 U.S. hospitals have won Consumer Choice Awards during all 18 years of the awards' existence.
In Fewer than 400 words: What is the Health Insurance Marketplace and How Can It Help Me?
October 1, 2013Confused by all the information about the Affordable Care Act's Health Insurance Marketplace? Kit Abney, director of the insure-a-kid program, briefly explains what it can do for you if you don't have health insurance or are paying too much for an individual policy.