Seton Healthcare Family offers some of the most advanced, most comprehensive cardiac care in Central Texas. Our specialists throughout the network utilize the latest technology available to pinpoint and treat all types of heart problems from the most common to the most complex.
Seton Medical Center Austin, the largest acute care center in Austin, is home to the Seton Heart Specialty Care & Transplant Center. With the only heart transplant program in Central Texas, Seton Medical Center Austin offers patients access to a full spectrum of care – all in one place.
Seton Medical Center Austin has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction. The accreditation affirms that Seton Medical Center Austin demonstrates expertise in rapid assessment and treatment of cardiac patients.
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program
- Open Heart Surgery, including Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valve procedures
- Stereotaxis Niobe System
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Stent Placement
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrilator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Resychronization Therapy
- Cardiac Ablations, including ablations for Atrial Fibrillation
- Nuclear Cardiology Lab
- Echocardiograph Lab
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac MRI
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Coronary ICU
- Heart Healthy CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- Partner in Mission: Lifeline™, a national alliance sponsored by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and designed to expedite the care of patients experiencing a heart attack
- VAD (Ventricular Assist Device) Program certified by The Joint Commission
- Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Participant in American College of Cardiology PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) network
- Participant in American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® program
News and Events
Watson Honored as Doctor-Led Medical Research Projects Announced
April 19, 2013Sen. Kirk Watson, architect of the visionary "10 Goals in 10 Years" plan to improve Central Texas' health care, economy and quality of life, was honored at the 7th Annual UMC Brackenridge Luncheon. At the same event, a new video debuted that looks ahead to the new teaching hospital and $186,000 in medical research grants were awarded.
Register to Give the Gift: April is National Donate Life Month
April 11, 2013
In Texas, only about 10 percent of residents are registered organ donors. More are needed to help those on growing organ donor lists. If you want to be an organ donor, Donate Life Month is a good time to talk to family members about your wishes and register online.
Seton, Alamo Drafthouse Host Free Screening of Award-Winning Escape Fire
April 1, 2013The award-winning documentary "Escape Fire" exposes major problems in U.S. health care. It will be presented free of charge Sunday afternoon, April 7, at the Ritz theater in downtown Austin by Seton Healthcare Family and Alamo Drafthouse.