Seton Healthcare Family offers some of the most advanced, most comprehensive cardiac care in Central Texas. Our specialists throughout the network utilize the latest technology available to pinpoint and treat all types of heart problems from the most common to the most complex.
Seton Medical Center Austin, the largest acute care center in Austin, is home to the Seton Heart Specialty Care & Transplant Center. With the only heart transplant program in Central Texas, Seton Medical Center Austin offers patients access to a full spectrum of care – all in one place.
Seton Medical Center Austin has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction. The accreditation affirms that Seton Medical Center Austin demonstrates expertise in rapid assessment and treatment of cardiac patients.
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program
- Open Heart Surgery, including Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valve procedures
- Stereotaxis Niobe System
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Stent Placement
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrilator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Resychronization Therapy
- Cardiac Ablations, including ablations for Atrial Fibrillation
- Nuclear Cardiology Lab
- Echocardiograph Lab
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac MRI
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Coronary ICU
- Heart Healthy CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- Partner in Mission: Lifeline™, a national alliance sponsored by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and designed to expedite the care of patients experiencing a heart attack
- VAD (Ventricular Assist Device) Program certified by The Joint Commission
- Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Participant in American College of Cardiology PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) network
- Participant in American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® program
News and Events
Seton's New Teaching Hospital Will Have a 'Distinctly Austin Flair'
March 6, 2014Seton unveiled artist renderings of the new teaching hospital that will be built across from the Univesity of Texas at Austin's new Dell Medical School. As the Austin American-Statesman reported today, the new 211-bed, $295 million hospital will have "a distinctly Austin flair," built with local materials in a "green building" manner.
Patient's 27-Year Walk Around the World (24,901.55 Miles, Mostly on a Treadmill)
February 7, 2014Ike Herrick was 50 years old when he suffered a heart attack while working overseas in Indonesia. He was overweight, had a cholesterol reading of 270 and a scary family history of heart disease. Thus began his long journey to better health - 24,901.55 miles to be precise.
As Clock Ticks for Patient's New Heart, a Race to His Front Door
February 3, 2014
"The first thing I heard when I woke up was ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump," said heart transplant recipient Roger Browne, thumping his right hand against his chest as his eyes welled up with tears. The sound of a beating heart was something he hadn't heard for many years. Roger's heart arrived New Year's Eve. Yet, because of a misplaced phone, he nearly didn't get it.