Seton Healthcare Family offers some of the most advanced, most comprehensive cardiac care in Central Texas. Our specialists throughout the network utilize the latest technology available to pinpoint and treat all types of heart problems from the most common to the most complex.
Seton Medical Center Austin, the largest acute care center in Austin, is home to the Seton Heart Specialty Care & Transplant Center. With the only heart transplant program in Central Texas, Seton Medical Center Austin offers patients access to a full spectrum of care – all in one place.
Seton Medical Center Austin has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction. The accreditation affirms that Seton Medical Center Austin demonstrates expertise in rapid assessment and treatment of cardiac patients.
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program
- Open Heart Surgery, including Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery and Valve procedures
- Stereotaxis Niobe System
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Stent Placement
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrilator (ICD) Implantation
- Cardiac Resychronization Therapy
- Cardiac Ablations, including ablations for Atrial Fibrillation
- Nuclear Cardiology Lab
- Echocardiograph Lab
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Cardiac MRI
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Minimally Invasive Valve Repair
- Coronary ICU
- Heart Healthy CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Awards & Recognition
- Partner in Mission: Lifeline™, a national alliance sponsored by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association and designed to expedite the care of patients experiencing a heart attack
- VAD (Ventricular Assist Device) Program certified by The Joint Commission
- Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Participant in American College of Cardiology PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) network
- Participant in American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines® program
News and Events
U.S. News & World Report Rankings: Seton Operates Five Top Hospitals in Austin Area
July 15, 2014Seton Medical Center Austin is No. 1 among 37 acute care hospitals for adults in the Austin metro area on U.S. News & World Report's highly regarded list of Best Hospitals for 2014-15. University Medical Center Brackenridge tied for No.2; Seton Medical Center Williamson and Seton Northwest Hospital tied for No. 5. Another Seton hospital - Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas - is ranked No. 49 among all U.S. children's
Championship Hearts, Seton Medical Center Hays Offer Free Heart Screenings for Young Athletes
July 11, 2014Encouraging high school students to "PLAY IT SAFE," Championship Hearts Foundation and Seton Medical Center Hays will offer free heart screenings for student athletes ages 14-18, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 19, at the hospital in Kyle.
Hays' Clinical Decision Unit Lightens ER Load, Helps Patients
July 7, 2014Hospitals are changing the way they deliver patient care. As the Hays Free Press recently reported, at Seton Medical Center Hays in Kyle, the new Clinical Decision Observation Unit is helping to ensure patients don't return with the same issues.