The Cancer Care Collaborative innovation has state-of-the-art video conferencing technology for conducting multidisciplinary cancer conferences (MDCs), providing both a local and regional opportunity for physicians and their patients to obtain an expert review and treatment recommendation based on national treatment guidelines. The MDCs bring together a wide range of care providers - surgeons, radiation and medical oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, dieticians, nurse navigators and others - to review each patient’s case and recommend a prospective treatment plan. For patients with cancer, the path to successful treatment often involves a difficult journey. The CCC offers specially trained oncology nurse navigators who help patients coordinate cancer care services from MDC through the cancer treatment journey.
Multidisciplinary Cancer Care Conferences (MDCs)
The multidisciplinary cancer care conferences (MDCs) create opportunities for treatment to be planned involving multiple cancer experts. The MDCs are designed to connect cancer patients and their healthcare team to the latest treatments based on national treatment guidelines. These conferences are designed to provide an expert review of specific health information so that individualized care recommendations can be made for patients seeking cancer treatment planning.
Benefits of the Multidisciplinary Care Approach:
- Access to a Clinical Nurse Navigator to facilitate and expedite care coordination
- A regional consultative resource for patients and their healthcare team, available through state-of-the-art video conferencing
- Customized recommended treatment strategy based on national treatment guidelines and evidence-based practices, shared with the patient's healthcare team
- Comprehensive case review by a multidisciplinary panel including surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pathologists, and radiologists
- Education and referral to appropriate resources based on an assessment of each patient's physical, emotional, and practical needs and concerns including nutrition, palliative care, financial resources as well as emotional and spiritual support
MDC Consultation by Cancer Type
- Gastrointestinal (GI)
- Head and Neck
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreas (HBP)
If you are a cancer patient and would like to have your case presented at a MDC, contact your physician or healthcare provider.
MDCs at a Glance:
|7 am - 8 am||12 pm - 1 pm|
|Monday||Breast MDC (weekly)||HBP MDC (weekly)|
|Tuesday||GI MDC (weekly)|
|Wednesday||Brain/Spine MDC: 2nd Wednesday of the month|
4th Thursday of the Month
Seton's Cancer Care Collaborative provides specially trained, oncology nurse navigators to assist and guide patients through the cancer treatment journey. Please click here for more information.