Free Wireless Internet Access
Patients and other guests can use their personal laptops, PDAs or other handheld devices to connect to the Seton Family Access network and easily navigate to their favorite Web sites or e-mail accounts.
Patients, friends and guests can connect to Seton Family Access by following these steps:
- Start your laptop, PDA or wireless device (equipped with a wireless network card) and verify that it is connected to the wireless network Seton Family Access.
- If necessary, create a wireless profile using the following settings:
- Network Name (SSID) – Seton Family Access
- Network Authentication – Open Date
- Encryption – Disabled
- Launch your Web browser. You will see a page listing the terms of service that you must accept before use.
- Once you’ve accepted the terms of service, you will see a welcome page featuring Seton news and information. From the welcome page, you can browse the Internet.
If you experience problems, check to see that your wireless network card is 802.11a/b/g compatible. If problems with connecting to the Internet persist, please contact your hardware/software vendor.
Mail will be distributed to the patient rooms if mail comes to the hospital with the patient name and room number on it. The mailroom will put all patient mail in the volunteer boxes and the volunteers then distribute accordingly.
A facsimile machine will be available for you to utilize on each floor at the floor’s nursing stations. The nurses at this station will FAX for you upon request.
When the doctor has discharged you to leave the facility, you will be escorted out of the hospital in a wheelchair by hospital staff. Before you leave, please check your room carefully to make sure you have all of your personal belongings. If you have lost any belongings, call lost and found at security (512) 324-9034.