To Make Your Surgery More Comfortable
1. Before your scheduled procedure, you will be contacted by telephone by one of the day surgery nurses to obtain a health history. The business office will also contact you regarding registration information.
2. Please park in the front parking area and take the lobby to the second floor. Please sign in at the waiting room desk at your scheduled arrival time, and then use the desk telephone to inform the day surgery staff of your arrival. You will then be escorted into the day surgery area.
3. If lab work is required, you may be asked to come in a few days prior to your procedure date. At that time, much of the paperwork can be processed as well. It is possible you may have to go to a different facility to have the lab work drawn; in that case, the results will be faxed here before your procedure.
4. Please keep in mind that Seton Southwest does not have a cafeteria, only a small vending area providing sodas and snacks. Coffee, juices and crackers will be available for the patients after their procedures.
5. On the day of your surgery, do not plan to drive yourself to and from the hospital. Be sure another adult accompanies you to drive you home.
6. One family member will be allowed to accompany the patient into the day surgery department. Other family members will be asked to stay in the waiting room. Children should be accompanied by parents only please.
7. A nurse will contact you the day before your procedure with information regarding your surgery time and your eating and drinking restrictions; failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your procedure.
Thank you for choosing Seton Southwest. We hope to make your time here as pleasant as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please call (512) 324-9035 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.