1. To receive a copy of your medical record, an authorization to release medical information must be signed and dated by the patient or the patient's legal guardian. In addition, proper identification must be presented at time of request.
2. Authorization forms can be obtained in the Health Information Management (HIM) Department located on the ground level of Seton Medical Center Austin or downloaded from this page (see right column).
3. The turnaround time to receive copies of health information is two weeks.
4. Some records are not complete until 30 days after discharge as they are awaiting dictation of history and physical, discharge summary and operative reports from your physician.
5. Requestors may be charged a fee to cover the expense for providing copies of health information.