The Seton Physician Hospital Network (SPHN) is a messenger model organization providing physicians and mid-level providers access to approximately 20 managed care contracts representing approximately 165,000 lives. In addition, SPHN staff support centralized/delegated credentialing services for all of the SPHN contracts, claims resolution, malpractice insurance discounts, and educational programs. SPHN provides market/network updates via a monthly newsletter (The SPHN Spotlight) and staff consult/assist practices in trouble shooting a variety of contract, billing, and claims issues. The network currently represents over 2700 providers in the Austin metro area and surrounding communities. The membership is one third primary care and two thirds specialty care with a broad range of specialties and sub-specialties (pediatric and adult).
- SPHN was established in 1992 with approximately 40 Physician members.
- Physician members pay a $215 annual membership fee.
- SPHN Practitioners represent over 40 specialties to include all pediatric subspecialties and hospital based specialties.
- SPHN maintains a fee schedule database for each managed care contract and provides rates to physician practices upon request.
- SPHN holds an annual business meeting for its members to review the operations of the organization.