Voluntary Protection Program DesignationThe Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) recognizes the Associates and Leaders of University Medical Center Brackenridge (UMCB) for outstanding achievement in associate safety and health and has been designated a Merit Worksite in the Voluntary Protection Program. UMCB is the first Level 1 Trauma Center in the United States to be recognized at this level by OHSA. Learn More
Chest Pain Center AccreditationUniversity Medical Center Brackeridge has received full accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Only six percent of hospitals in the United States have received this distinction.
Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating cardiac patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with a low risk for heart attack and who have no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
The goal of the Society of Chest Pain Centers is to significantly reduce the mortality rate of these patients by teaching the public to recognize and react to the early symptoms of a possible heart attack, reduce the time that it takes to receive treatment, and increase the accuracy and effectiveness of treatment.
Solucient's 100 Top HospitalsUniversity Medical Center at Brackenridge and Seton Medical Center are two of the nation's top hospitals, according to a recent report. Released on Monday, May 24, the Solucient 100 Top Hospitals®: National Benchmarks for Success study recognized U.S. hospitals that demonstrate superior clinical, operational and financial performance.
University Medical Center Brackenridge is proud to announce our official re-designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet hospital. Learn more