FYI's Health Tip: Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning -- Diana Kohnle

Home > Health Information from A-Z > Health News > 

(HealthDay News) -- Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by many heat-making devices, such as boilers and stoves. If these devices are improperly vented, carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says common initial warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Having a headache.
  • Feeling tired.
  • Feeling shortness of breath.
  • Having nausea.
  • Feeling dizzy.
  • Having flu-like symptoms without a fever.

If you have these symptoms with no apparent cause, evacuate the premises immediately and seek immediate medical attention.

...
-
image Seton is proud to have four hospitals – the only hospitals in Central Texas - that have earned the Magnet designation, the highest award for nursing excellence given by the American Nurses Association.
-