(HealthDay News) -- Acne can strike people of any age for different reasons, but there are several factors that can worsen or trigger breakouts.
The American Academy of Family Physicians notes these possibilities:
- Using products with an oil base, such as cosmetics, hair products and suntan oil.
- Being under emotional stress.
- Undergoing changes in your hormones, particularly during menstruation.
- Picking at or squeezing pimples on your skin.
- Scrubbing your skin too vigorously.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.