GroupAustin Regional Clinic, P.A.
Contact InfoARC Far West Medical Tower - Gastro
6811 Austin Center Blvd., Ste 300
Austin, TX 78731
Phone: (512) 346-8888
Fax: (512) 344-0365
Year Joined ARC: 2009
Education: B.S. in Chemistry, Millsaps College, Jackson, MS, 1963
Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX in 1967
Residency Internship: Internship at University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA in 1968. Residency at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN in 1972
Fellowship: Gastroenterology - Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN in 1974
Certification: Board Certified in Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
Professional Positions and Honors:
- Member of the Travis County Medical Society (TCMS)
- Recipient of the TCMS 2005 Physician of the Year
- Medical Director and longtime volunteer physician, Volunteer Healthcare Clinic
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- American Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Texas Medical Association
- Austin Monthly's annual "Top Doctors": 2013
Personal Summary: Dr. McHorse is married, with the joy of three adult sons and their families who live in Austin. He has a strong interest in indigent health care, enjoys exercising by bicycling and playing tennis, and believes Austin is the best place to live that he can imagine.
Provider Bio: Dr. McHorse sees patients for Gastroenterology Consultations by referral only at ARC Far West Medical Tower on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
"Many diagnoses can be made by listening closely to the patient’s history of their symptoms. Medical testing then helps confirm the problem and helps in the choice of the appropriate treatment."