Year Joined ARC: 1987
Education: B.S. in Chemistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Medical School: George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Washington, DC, 1979
Residency Internship: Shands Hospital at the University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1982
Certification: Board Certified in Family Medicine
Professional Positions and Honors:
Dr. Kravitz holds these positions and honors:
- Physician of the Year, Travis County Medical Society, 2011.
- Teacher of the Year (twice), University of Florida Family Practice Residency
- Team Physician, Austin Toros and Texas Stars
- Mentor, Anderson High School Robotics Team, working with students to develop a unique knee brace to help osteoarthritis patients for whom other treatment have been ineffective
- Mentor, medical students from Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas Southwestern Medical School - Expert Panelist, Texas Medical Board
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor 2007, 2008, 2010
- Patients' Choice Award 2008 & 2009
- Outstanding Service to ARC and the Community Award
Languages Spoken: Limited Spanish
Personal Summary: Dr. Kravitz is married with two children. He is an avid athlete, having run eight marathons, four half Ironmans, and numerous triathalons. Dr. Kravitz is also a top swimmer, participating for the past seven years with the Masters Swim Team and, most recently, placing in the top 10 in two competitions at the 2012 United States Masters Swimming Spring Nationals. His musical talents include being the keyboardist for the local group MoPac & The Blue Suburbans. And even with all his activities, Dr. Kravitz enjoys reading whenever he has a rare quiet moment.
Currently, Dr. Kravitz has long wait times for new patients. If you would like to establish care at Austin Regional Clinic, he highly recommends his ARC Quarry Lake
Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Colleagues listed below:
Dr. Kravitz is a team doctor for the Austin Spurs Basketball
team. Austin Regional Clinic doctors are the preferred family physicians for the Austin Spurs.