Seton Doctor Link
My Seton Health
Find a Physician
Cant find it?
A - Z Index
Seton Healthcare Family
Training for the Nurse Preceptor
Clinical Education Classes and Events
Register in SLC
Ruth Johnson for questions email@example.com or 512-324-7000 ext. 88230
1. Review preceptor responsibilities and core competencies as defined by Seton Healthcare Family, the Texas Board of Nursing and Evidence Based Practice/Best Practices.
2.Apply Benner’s Novice to Expert continuum, generational characteristics, adult learning principles and previous experience of the orientee to develop an orientation plan for the newly hired nurse.
3. Apply Cognitive Apprenticeship principles to identify how the roles and responsibilities of the preceptor and orientee change throughout the orientation period.
4. Discuss methods of integrating and evaluating critical thinking/clinical decision making into the orientation of the new nurse.
5. Reflect on communication techniques used to provide timely and effective feedback to the orientee.
6. Identify supportive and non-supportive actions and how they can assist or deter the socialization of the new hire to their chosen unit.
No sessions open at this time.
Brought to you by
Seton Family of Websites
My Seton Health
© 2015 Seton Healthcare Family
Joint Commission Public Notice
La Comisión Conjunta Anuncio Público
Seton is proud to have four hospitals – the only hospitals in Central Texas - that have earned the
, the highest award for nursing excellence given by the American Nurses Association.