The Generations Intensive Outpatient Program for Senior Adults addresses emotional problems that decrease the patient’s ability to cope with the natural aging process. These difficulties can contribute to depression and other health issues relating to physical decline, loss of independence, and safety concerns.
Senior adults often face age-related challenges that may contribute to mental health issues, including loss of loved ones, physical limitations and illness, social isolation, difficulty adjusting to retirement, and other life changes. These challenges may lead to emotional problems that can decrease the ability to cope with daily tasks.
The Generations Intensive Outpatient Program is designed for older adults who are experiencing problems with depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues. We help our patients to improve their overall quality of life by using an educational approach to manage symptoms and prevent relapse.
Senior adults who could benefit from the Generations Program may exhibit the following symptoms: prolonged anxiety, anger and/or irritability, low self-esteem, isolation, depression or excessive crying, suicidal thoughts, changes in eating patterns, and unresolved grief issues.
The Generations Program includes group therapy as well as individual and family therapy ordered by the program physician. Our approach encourages family involvement throughout treatment. Meetings are held on the Seton Northwest Hospital campus, which allows patients to attend to other medical needs.
- Focus on building interpersonal relationships
- Learn to cope and develop positive life strategies
- Develop resolution strategies for grief and loss
- Attend disease and medication education as needed
- Focus on overall health and wellness
- Develop healthy communication skills
- Practice stress management
- Participate in assertiveness training
- Participate in discharge planning
- Program options offered Monday through Friday
- Lunch is provided
- Complimentary transportation may be arranged for qualifying patients within 30 miles
- Call for details Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Medicare must be the primary insurance provider in order to participate in the program; the Generations Program will file paperwork with insurance for processing; a physician’s referral is not necessary
11111 Research Blvd., Suite 340
Austin, TX 78758
Get a free assessment with no obligation. A licensed behavioral health professional will guide you and provide you with recommendations and referrals.
If you need help with mental health or emotional wellness, please call us. 512-324-2039 or toll-free 877-918-2039.