Outpatient treatment refers to treatments that do not require you to stay overnight. The six most common types of outpatient treatment from most to least intensive are Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP), Psychiatric Emergency Departments, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP), Psychiatry, Individual Therapy and Support Groups.
Many of the patients in our programs have tried individual therapy, medication, or self-help groups with little success. Participants who do not meet the criteria for inpatient treatment may be perfect candidates for our outpatient programs.
If you or a loved one are experiencing depression, anxiety, drug or alcohol abuse, or other emotional problems that significantly impact the ability to carry out usual activities, we encourage you to contact us for more information and determine the best schedule and location to meet your individual needs.
Our outpatient programs include:
- Patient Navigation – Not sure where to start and need some help navigating the many services Seton has to offer? Our trained and experienced Patient Navigators can connect you with the right resources. There is no charge associated with this helpful service.
- Outpatient Programs for Adults – We offer intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) for adult mental health and substance abuse concerns, as well as behavioral therapy to help adults learn how to manage impulsive behavior and increase awareness of moods and emotions.
- Outpatient Programs for Young Adults and Adolescents – We help young people learn effective ways to manage life changes and set the stage for success in future endeavors through the EPOCH Young Adult Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- Generations – This program specially designed for senior adults addresses emotional problems that lessen the ability to cope with the natural aging process. Program participants learn healthy behaviors to build relationships, cope with grief, communicate better, and much more.
- Individual Therapy – Individual sessions are available for adults ages 18 and up. They can help improve the ability to problem-solve and cope with emotional crises, enhance communication skills, and assist you in recognizing personal strengths and problem areas.
- Psychiatry – Exemplary psychiatry care and treatment is available through the Seton Mind Institute to restore hope and healing, and help patients live healthier, fuller lives. Psychiatric services are available for children, adolescents, adults, veterans, and senior adults.
- Outpatient Program FAQs – See answers to common questions about our outpatient programs that will help you learn more about intensive outpatient programs, individual therapy, support groups, and much more.
We serve the Greater Austin area through three Outpatient Locations: the Seton Mind Institute Behavioral Health Services Office Building,Seton Williamson Medical Plaza and Seton Northwest Medical Plaza.